Ireland's most popular source of accurate and reliable medicines information
Search 2563 medicines for SPCs, PILs and Educational Materials
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Latest medicine updates
- TRULICITY 0.75mg 1.5mg 3mg 4.5mg solution for injection in pre-filled pen Eli Lilly and Company (Ireland) Limited
- NovoNorm 0.5 mg, 1 mg and 2 mg tablets Novo Nordisk Limited
- Nucala 100 mg solution for injection in pre-filled syringe GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Ltd
- Nucala 100 mg solution for injection in pre-filled pen GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Ltd
- Seroquel Tablets 25mg, 100mg, 200mg and 300mg AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (Ireland) DAC
- Seroquel XR 50mg, 150mg, 200mg, 300mg, 400mg prolonged-release tablets AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (Ireland) DAC
- Nucala 100 mg powder for solution for injection GlaxoSmithKline (Ireland) Ltd
Medicines.ie contains accurate, up to date, regulator approved information on medicines available in Ireland. The site is designed to be a comprehensive and easily searchable source of medicines information in Ireland.
It is widely regarded as an invaluable reference source by healthcare professionals, the National Medicines Information Center and the Department of Health.
The information for each product comes in the form of a Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC or SmPC) and Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) or Package Leaflet (PL), where relevant. These documents are approved by the medicines’ regulator (HPRA or EMA) as part of the process of authorising a medicine for sale or supply in Ireland.
Medicines.ie is continuously updated by pharmaceutical companies when new medicines are launched or the information for an existing medicine changes.
For information on types of documents on www.medicines.ie, please see below.
Summary of Product Characteristics
Summaries of product characteristics form the basis of information for healthcare professionals on how to use the medicine safely and effectively. Abbreviated as SPC.
Patient Information Leaflet
A PIL is the leaflet containing information on taking or using a medicine for patients, included with medicine packaging. It is written by pharmaceutical companies as a patient version of the SPC.
EDMs are additional risk minimisation measures that are intended to promote the safe and effective use of the medicine. Educational materials focus on one or more specific safety concerns related to use of the medicine.
Some pharmaceutical companies have chosen to display PIL in a HTML text only “Print View” version, called an XPIL, as well as in PDF format. The XPIL is designed for people who are blind or partially-sighted.